Sunday, December 06, 2015

I try

I try not to think, not to wish, not to hold on to what´s gone
I try to understand what has been going on 
And I just seem not to touch what we call present
People avoiding looking into each other´s eyes
People protecting themselves projecting what they are not
One step ahead two steps back
A warm word with no arms around
A warm word with no chance to feel the heartbeat
Back then when we shared a couch
Back then when we shared a bed
Back then when I smelled your hair
Back then when I could touch something other than a screen
I try not to explode, not to lose it, not to be back to whom we´d hate for me to be
I try to connect, I try to make sense, I try to see through your lens
And I just seem not to touch what we call present
People not commiting, people not sharing
People neglecting whatever makes them vulnerable
One step ahead two steps back
A warm remembrance with no arms around
A warm remembrance with no chance to feel the heartbeat
Back then when we shared our monsters
Back then when we shared our dreams 
Back then when I counted my favorite spots on your body
Back then when I secretely admired how you were able to bring me to this state of weirdness 

No comments: