Sunday, March 20, 2016

I don´t miss you at all

Even though today was a typical sunday, with family visiting, friends coming over, dogs barking and lots of noise and no privacy, I found a way of sitting on my desk, to study a little bit and work.
While I sat there, and visitors started going their homes, dogs stopped barking and noises diminished, I looked thru my window, observed the dusk... And thought to myself:

"I guess I'm ready to let go."

I mean, I don't really miss you. I cherish memories and all, but I really do not miss you. And it kind of feels lighter, and I feel relieved.

That feeling of being lost and heavy is actually gone.

Part of it I guess, happens because I want it to happen. I need it to happen. I had been diguising it, simulating it, faking it. Now I don´t feel the need to pretend not to feel.

I just don´t.

As night comes, and silence welcomes the room, my voices find a way of being heard. Everything is a sign, everything speaks.

"Don't Miss You At All" (Norah Jones)


As I sit and watch the snow
Fallin' down
I don't miss you at all
I hear children playin' laughin' so loud
I don't think of your smile

So if you never come to me
You'll stay a distant memory
Out my window I see lights going dark
Your dark eyes don't haunt me

And then I wonder who I am
Without the warm touch of your hand

And then I wonder who I am
Without the warm touch of your hand
As I sit and watch the snow
Fallin' down

I don't miss you at all
I don't miss you at all
I don't miss you at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWwoEwpUcvo

No comments: