Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The thing is ...

The thing is... Despite all my lack of respect for myself most of times... I actually do respect the fact that I'm human.

I do love being human.
I do embrace the good and evil parts of ourselves. There's no growth if one does not deal with it, on a daily basis...
I mean _ We, human beings, the ones who kill, who steal, who hurt... We human beings, are simply brilliant still.
We build, we agree, disagree, agree in disagreeing, we help, we sacrifice, we create art, we love.

I know most times we just do not feel part of it. There's no connection with most people.
There are too many questions, too many feelings that are unexplainable, inside, burning.
There are many fantasies and fears.
And most times, we just do not feel connected, we feel, as my favorite composer says : " celularly alone" .
But, then, a heartbeat. A smile, a song, a view... A hug, a lyric, a song... A look in the mirror. The thought of love you once felt... And you think : "Danm! I am human and it's all part of it. All these things, good and bad, lovely and disgusting... yours and mine. Macro and micro. I am one with you simply because I am human."


And then, that call of death, that icy silence that freezes the soul, sounds so not worth it.


No comments: