Monday, December 06, 2010

Paulo


Late night my love's in bed alone
My lovely child, big brown eyes wide smile
And I watch his sleep
And I care for him and it aches inside
He's got the sweettest laughter
He's got all that energy that makes everything around shine
He's only four, his tiny body so perfect
He's love, pure expression, my love, my child
And I watch him ... Dreaming of cartoons
Dreaming of us playing in the yard

They teach him not to value what really matters
They've forgotten what it feels like for a child

And now his eyes are not tender as they used to be
And now his laughter is histerical, a cry for attention
And now he's scared...
'Cuz he's getting aware of what they're taking away from him.

Miss him. Miss him more than anything else in this world.
I pray God watches his sleep... his days and his nights.

No comments: