Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thank you ( ode to the hypocrite )

From the idealized me - by you - to you - the biggest hypocrite.

Thank you.
Yes, thank you - in so many ways, thank you.
Wish I could look at you and yell THANK YOU at your face.

For playing Jack & Hyde,
In the bedroom and outside
For choosing touchable greys and blues
In the bedroom and outside

For mistrusting
For misreading

For realizing and giving up
For all the "you're not worth" thing

I could say you've taught me plenty,
But you haven't
Guess one cannot teach what he does not know

But still I thank you

For your fears and demands and cold silences,
For your so well disguised rage,
For your self-protection dressed in fake happyness

For all this enthusiastic journey into introspection.

For freedom, finally, I thank you.

No comments: